Fire Agate is a semi-precious natural gemstone found only in certain areas of central and northern Mexico and the southwestern United States (New Mexico, Arizona and California). Approximately 24-36 million years ago these areas were subjected to massive volcanic activity during the Tertiary Period. Fire agates were formed during this period of volcanism when hot water, saturated with silica and iron oxide, repeatedly filled cracks and bubbles in the surrounding rock. It has a translucent deep reddish-brown base, with fiery flashes of orange, red, green and gold. Its iridescent colors are caused by light interference on thin layers of iron oxide or limonite crystals within the stone.
- – Historically, Fire Agate was used in alchemy because it was believed to contain the essence of fire.
- – Connected to Lower Chakras & the element of fire.
- – Stimulates sexual energy, reduces impotence, removes fear of intimacy, & increases physical stamina.
- – Removes creative blocks & physical exhaustion.
- – Assists in managing multiple commitments of jobs, relationships, etc.
- – Aids in healing from digestive disorders, skin issues, hot flashes, & increases the metabolism
Hardness: 7 Mohs Specific Gravity: 2.59 - 2.61 Refractive Index: 1.530 to 1.543