Moss agate is a semi-precious gemstone formed from silicon dioxide, with minerals of a green color forming filaments and other patterns in the stone suggestive of moss. The field is a clear or milky-white quartz, and the included minerals are mainly oxides of manganese or iron. It is not a true form of agate, because it does not have concentric banding. The moss-like dendritic inclusions are formed due to trace amounts of metals present, such as chrome or iron. The metals can make different colors depending on their valence (oxidation state). Moss agate is usually formed from weathered volcanic rocks.
- – Stone of new beginnings.
- – Emotional, physical & intellectual balance; stabilizes physical energy.
- – See the beauty in all you behold.
- – Attracts abundance & self-expression.
- – Releases fear & deep-seated stress.
- – Expand personal space & growth.
Hardness: 6.5-7 Mohs Specific Gravity: 2.57-2.64 Refractive Index: 1.53-1.55