Turritella Agate Geology & Crystal Healing Properties
Turritella Agate is a composite crystal of snail shells, chalcedony and quartz. Amazing for root chakra work, this stone helps one to break out of their shell and surrender control to reveal the true self. It is a brown and black crystal with white rings polka-dotting the body of the stone. Turritella Agate is an intuition strengthener.
Turritella Agate Crystal Healing Properties
- Associated with the root chakra, zodiac sign of Cancer & Taurus & vibrates to the number 8.
- Helps strong egos to let go of control, but is a stone of power and strength for the true self.
- Embodies healthy choices, morality & aids in being humble.
- Helps introverts come out of their shell, rid oneself of insecurity & helps one let go of past beliefs that no longer serve.
- Regain composure, ground, think before acting, stay strong & trust yourself & your intuition.
- Physically helps reduce swelling & fluid retention. Helps aid fatigue.
Turritella Agate Geology
Found in Wyoming
Incorrectly named for the sea snail, this agate, found in the Green River Formation in Wyoming is in fact, a land snail. Named for the genus Turritella, it should be called Elimia Tenera. However, the name has stuck. This stone is a brown to black chalcedony, cryptocrystalline quartz, SIOշ. In other words, made out of the same material as quartz crystal clusters and points, but with a chemical makeup too small to see with the naked eye. And this agate has the unique and special makeup of being grown around a graveyard of snail shells. These shells appear white and are very small, 10mm to 50mm normally. In the last 50 years this stone has been favored for jewelry and specimen use.